Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Plant Nanny

One of my hobbies in the early spring is to plant annuals and perennials around the home. When I lived in apartments, I acquired quite a collection of planters. Now, I mostly plant in the yard, but I still have a collection of planters to use.

This year I decided to start reusing some of my old planters. The hassle with them is the constant watering it requires in the hot summers here. I decided to research some options for self-watering. Because I am an Amazon Prime member, I immediately went to my app to look for items. I found something called The Plant Nanny. It's a stake that goes into a plant and it allows you to water the plant using wine bottles. Since I like to repurpose things, I decided to buy a set to try it out.

Here's the box and what one of the stakes looks like up close.


I'm trying a beer bottle in this plant. Clearly, my dahlias in the back need help!


I decided to place it towards the back of the plant. Be careful when placing the bottle in the stake. I broke one slightly trying to make sure the bottle was in all the way. I'm going to have the hubby remove the labels off of the wine bottles that I will try in some other plants. I think they are better for indoor or partially shaded areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment