Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 2014 Stitch Fix Review

My Stitch Fix box arrived a day early this month-yea!!! As soon as I got my email, I went online to try and find out what my stylist sent me. I was excited to see that she had paid attention to my requests at the end of my last fix (Thanks, Connie!). I asked for slacks and matching shirts. I also happily saw that one of the shirts was one I had pinned on my Pinterest board. Also, there was a polka dot dress that I had a bit of difficulty finding online. However, I love polka dots, so I was excited to see if I would like the dress.
  
See here for my previous reviews.

Here was my first glimpse of my box:

Pretty, right??? Okay. Let's get right to the nitty gritty.

 Margaret M High Waisted Tall Trouser $98

These pants are fairly thin material wise and do not have buttons, like maternity pants, if you have ever been pregnant. I wasn't sure if I would like them, but I kept a pair of Margaret M pants before that they sent me, though they are a bit pricey. I tried them on, and though a bit long, I loved them! I folded under the bottoms and decided to wear them to work the next day:) I paired them with an previous item that I received from Stitch Fix.
This picture was taken after work, so my shirt is a bit wrinkled. The pants still look pretty good, though! Obviously, I kept them. I do think they are a bit overpriced, but I really liked the fit and that they didn't have buttons! I felt like I was wearing yoga pants to work:).

Collective Concepts Amira Polka Dot Flutter Sleeve Dress $68

My initial impression was, oooh, very pretty!  I wondered how it would look on and whether the hubby would like it, since he does not like ruffles.
 
Both the hubby and I liked the dress on me. The price was also decent. I'm not sure if it will be a perfect work dress, but it definitely is something I can wear on a date or to church. So, I decided to keep it.

Pomelo Dot Print 3/4 Sleeve Blouse $48 AND Ecru Pull-On Springfield Pant $158

I was very excited to see this blouse. However, it looked big to me when I grabbed it out of the box. It's a medium and I said earlier that I'm now a "Medium," instead of a "Small," so I thought maybe I was just underestimating my size, since I sometimes forget I'm bigger after two kids.
My first thought when I saw these pants online was there was no way I was paying $158 for a pair of pants. I thought, "These better be the best fitting pants on the planet for that price!!" Oh, and the style card is marked incorrectly on these pants, in case you were wondering.



So, first, let's talk about the pants. Unfortunately, I really liked them. They fit great! They are a bit looser in the leg than the Margaret M and are a thicker material, though more cottony than polyester feeling. They also have no buttons and are so comfortable!!! Sigh. I really wanted to keep them. However, I decided that I just couldn't justify $158 on a pair of pants. I am, however, going to try and find them online on sale. Oh, and if you google them, you will find at least two links saying that they are, in fact, the best fitting pants around. Sigh.

As for the shirt, well, it just doesn't fit right. You can see, the sleeves are big. Last month, the Pomelo shirt was boxy, too. I felt pregnant in this shirt. I don't want to feel or look pregnant when I'm not. I even tried it with a belt and it still didn't look right. I think I'm going to request small shirts from Pomelo, at least the ones that are blousy like this shirt.   

Skies are Blue Carly Mixed Print Sleeveless Blouse $54

This was the piece I was least excited about when I took my sneak peak, but it was prettier in person. The details on it looked interesting.


 Ugh, another shirt that made me look pregnant. Too boxy!!! I tried it with a belt, too.

 No, no, and no!!! I kept playing with the location of the belt. It still was a no. Plus, the shoulders are a bit weird/big and I feel like I look like a linebacker.

So, I kept only 2 pieces this fix. I requested my same stylist. I think she did well and listened to my feedback. I like that. I'm also updating my pins on Pinterest on the Pomelo and Skies are Blue brands to try smalls in certain pieces to see if they will fit better. 

I'm already looking forward to next month's box!

4 comments:

  1. Sigh... shirts that make you look pregnant, I can definitely relate. I love the patterns that your stylist pick out for you :-)

    Thanks for linking up!

    JoAnn
    Whimsicle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still have leftover baby weight that, admittedly, I haven't worked that hard to lose, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the last Margaret M pants they sent me. I hope they send me more. I like the other pants too but I agree $158 is hard to swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a tan color on sale online and bought them! I asked for more pull on pants this fix:)

    ReplyDelete