Thursday, June 12, 2014

Intro

Like most people who start a blog, I'm not sure where to start. I guess I'll start with the basics. I'm a late 30 something married working mom of 2 beautiful girls, aged 2 and 4. I don't want to post a picture of me, mainly because I have a profession where I like maintaining my privacy. I decided to start a blog to talk about my hobbies and life as a mom. I'm a Pinterest addict, and my newest obsession is Stitch Fix.

I'm home from work today with my oldest daughter who is sick. This means a day of sort of being lazy since she's much more independent than she used to be. However, then comes the inevitable guilt related to all the stuff I should be doing, like laundry, dishes, taking stuff to the garage, getting rid of old
 clothes, oh, and did I mention laundry? Of course, now that our cleaning people do some twice a month, it's much more manageable. Convincing my husband that having them do some laundry while they are here took a few discussions. I think he's glad that I won that argument, though his pocketbook might not be as happy as I am.


I've been on Pinterest a lot lately searching for Stitch Fix outfits. Stitch Fix is an online styling service and I love it. Here's a link if you want to check it out. I decided to try it because I love online shopping and now that I have 2 girls, I rarely have time to go shopping. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the clothes. If I have one complaint, it's that I wish their clothes were cheaper. I'm trying to update my work wardrobe to more quality pieces. I get my next "fix" at the end of the month, so I'll try and put up pictures.

The title of my blog comes from my minivan, which I LOVE, and life after becoming a mom.  Like many minivan drivers, I swore I would never own one. Then, I rented one a time or two. I realized that despite how UGLY they may be on the outside, they are heaven on the inside. I then jokingly started referring to my 2013 Nissan Quest as my "mom mobile." Being a mom changes your priorities. Plus, I still get checked out in my van, and I get all giddy when someone gives me a compliment on it!

If you haven't gone over to the dark side, do it. You won't regret it:)




No comments:

Post a Comment