Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Father's Day around our house usually consists of a weekend of activities with my husband's side of the family. Last night we went to a local Serbian festival. We didn't stay too long, but we did get some tasty food. Before going, however, I had the girls help me wrap their present for their Dad.

I got into gift wrapping with brown paper bags last Christmas, mostly because I thought I would try and repurpose all the Starbucks' bags I had at work. The hospital I work at has a Starbucks in it and it has become almost a daily habit. I realized that most of the bags were too small for wrapping. However, Whole Foods' bags turned inside out work great.

Here's the one the girls decorated, with my help:)


The girls are into princesses, in case you can't tell. I bought some foam stickers a while back from Amazon. The hubby and I are Amazon Prime members and we LOVE it. The girls decided to use the stickers to decorate his present. I then let them pick out tulle to make the bow. Each girl wanted a different color, of course. I think my hubby will appreciate the irony of the wrapping lol.

I wrapped one other present the other day. I again used a Whole Foods' bag inside out:



Underneath the bow, and around the sides are rhino stamps. My husband collects rhinos, so I thought he might like it.


Here's what the stamp looks like up close. Stamp purchased via Amazon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment