Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 2014 Stitch Fix Review

It's my favorite time of the month. My Stitch Fix box has arrived! For several months, I've been receiving clothes via Stitch Fix. It's an online styling service. They send you five pieces a month for $20, plus the cost of the clothing. The $20 goes towards the cost of the clothing, and you get a discount if you buy all five pieces. You also get a discount if you refer people and they sign up.

I decided to sign up based on the recommendation of a friend. I rarely have time to go shopping in person anymore, even though I like to shop. I also decided that for an initial investment of $20, it was worth a shot. Check out my previous post for some of the items I've already received and kept.

Based on the tips of another blogger, I decided to take a "sneak peak" this month once they sent me the email that my shipment was on its way. I was excited to see that my stylist had looked at my Pinterest board again and actually sent me two of the items that I pinned from other bloggers. 

So, first, the style cards:

For some reason, one of the style cards did not print out this month. Oh, well, it's not that important for the particular item.

Next, the top dress:
Mystree Hannah Striped Lace Detail Fit & Flare Dress $68

My stylist noticed that I like striped dresses. I also like blue. However, I don't like that the curves of the stripe on this dress make my hips look bigger. Additionally, the top of the dress is sheer. That means a strapless bra. I am not wearing a strapless bra to work. Plus, it didn't fit me right and was too short. So, back it goes.

Here's the polka dot shirt on the hanger and on me:
Pomelo Missy Polka Dot Tab-Sleeve Blouse $54

The color is a pretty mint. It's sheer and would require a tank underneath. I liked the color, but my husband was not sure it went well with my skin tone. I also felt like it made me look wider than I am. That might also be the skirt I have on, which is new from Zulilly. I just grabbed it to try on with it. Anyhow, again, my stylist looked at my board and noticed I like polka dots. However, I don't think this is the right polka dot shirt for me. So, back it goes.

The next item on the card is the reddish/orange or "Vermilion" tank as my husband referred to it:
Collective Concepts Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse $54


 When I saw this tank, I was unsure about the color. I really don't like orange very much. When I tried it on, I actually liked it, but only if tucked in, at least with this skirt. I think it looks nice on it's own, but also would look good with a cardigan. My husband also liked it. So, I decided to keep it.

The last item pictured on the above style cards is the blue shirt:
41Hawthorn Wrenn V-Neck Jersey Top $48

So, you already know I like blue. This is one of the items that I pinned on my board, though in a different color. I was happy to see that she sent it. It's comfortable and I actually like it with this skirt. So, I'm definitely keeping it.

The last item is one that I also pinned from another blogger. The style card was absent. I liked the dress on the other blogger, though she didn't like it. Funny how that works sometimes...
Pomelo Darcy Weave Jersey T-Shirt Dress $68
close up of ruching in the middle


My hubby and I both really liked this dress, though honestly, I don't think it photographs well. I'm also thinking I need some Spanx haha! Anyhow, I paired it with a gray cardigan I own and I would wear it that way for work since it's pretty form fitting. So, you probably already figured out I'm keeping it.

I'm already looking forward to next month's fix...I'm seriously addicted! I think I'm going to ask for some slacks and matching shirts with the slacks. Now, off to complete my feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Loved the interesting dress at the end of your post. Also, I got that same exact blouse (red, sleeveless) and love it. It is a bit shapeless, but something about the lightness of it I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The black dress is different. I've seen it in a green, too. The red shirt is definitely shapeless, but it works with pants that give me a bit of a muffin top-haha! Tucked in, it hides it nicely:)

    ReplyDelete