Friday, July 24, 2015

July 2015 Stitch Fix Review

It's that time of the month again and as usual, I was super excited to get my fix. I did my usual sneak peak when my email arrived and couldn't find two items online. I like that Connie sends me pieces not out there yet, so I was interested to see what they were. I asked for more maxi dresses since I got a great one last month. This month's review has fewer pictures of me in the items because my hubby was out of town and I had less time to take photos with my two young children afoot.

Market & Spruce Embroidery Detail Blouse





I was unsure what to think of this blouse when I first looked at it. The blue is a good match for me, but Boho isn't my usual style preference. It is very pretty on the hanger.


Much better on than I expected! Since my hubby wasn't around, I sent the pic to a friend, my youngest sister, and my mom. They all liked it on. I'm wearing it today with a pair of Margaret M pants.



Pardon the close up of our bathroom haha! I was rushing this morning to leave for work! I think I like the blouse better tucked in since it's not fitted to my waist.

Kut from the Cloth Jamy Maxi Dress




Okay, so I asked for more maxis, but, to be honest, I hated this dress. It's so busy and the pattern did terrible things to my waist and hips. It fit my height of 5', 3.5" pretty well, though. I didn't take a picture of me in it because I hated it so much. It does have some interesting details, though.


Pixley Dot Print Cross Back Knit Top




If you are a blog reader, you've seen this shirt out there. I received it last month, but it was too big, so Connie sent it to me in a smaller size. I was very happy to see it back in my fix.





I REALLY wanted to love this shirt. It's so comfy! Unfortunately, the fit around my waist is terrible. And, when my sister told me it made me look pregnant, I knew it was going back. Sigh. It was so comfy and I do love me some polka dots. You can probably guess that given my oldest daughter has a polka dot themed room😀.



Pixley Abstract Chevron Maxi Dress







You've probably seen this dress out there, too, if you read blogs. It's very pretty. Alas, the elastic around my waist did not fit me right. So, back it went.

Market & Spruce Aaliyah Terry Knit Dolman Top








This shirt definitely fits my style preferences. I like red. I like stripes. I usually like Dolman tops. The problems with this shirt are that it doesn't really fit like a Dolman and the inside of the shirt is not very soft or comfortable. Plus, I just didn't like the fading that coincides right with my bust.

All in all, I only kept one item this month. As sad as I was to only keep one item, it was probably good timing since I was on vacation for a week in Europe. I'm already looking forward to next month's fix!









No comments:

Post a Comment