Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 2015 Stitch Fix Review: Beautiful Blues

It's my favorite time of the month and my Stitch Fix box has arrived! As usual, I did my sneak peek when I got my email, and everything looked great! I asked Connie for more maxis and Bermuda shorts.



My first looks revealed that I had received lots of items in blue! As you know, I love blue. I loved the various shades. I couldn't wait to try on everything.


41Hawthorn Lisbon Stud Detail Blouse



I have several blouses in this style and I loved the rich blue. 


I loved how this blouse fit. I always like the blouses that are tapered to my waist since they can otherwise be too blousy. I paired it with some pants I have that are similar to Margaret M pants.


I know the lighting is terrible in here. Sorry! The pans are a lighter shade of blue. I decided this shirt was easily a keeper!


41Hawthorn Veria Cross Over Knit Top


I have a similar shirt by Pixley, so I was excited to see this top. 


Here's a close-up of the pattern and color. I liked the Aqua, but wasn't sure if it would be too light for me.


I paired the shirt with the next item Connie sent me:


Kut from the Kloth Haiden Straight Leg Jean


As you can see, the style card has a shirt very similar to the 41Hawthorn shirt. Connie sent these pants because there were not any Bermuda shorts available.



Because I'm only 5'3", I folded the pants up one more time as they are supposed to be Capri length.



The lighting is still not great in my other daughter's room, but maybe it's a bit better. I liked the fit of both items, though I do have fabric tape on the shirt in the bust area. I might wear a thin tank or cami under it if I wear it to work. The jeans were very comfy. So, in case you haven't guessed, both items were keepers!


Market & Spruce Randall Scoop Neck Polka Dot Tank



It's a nice basic piece with an interesting element on bottom.


It's ok on, but it's tight in the bust and it is not doing anything for my waist. I think I look pregnant in it. 



I decided to send this item back. 

Gilli Mitchel Maxi Dress






I didn't receive the style card for this dress. At least, not the right one. I had pinned this dress, so I was excited to try it on. Unfortunately, it was a bit too tight in the waist and WAY TOO LONG. So, back it went.

All in all, I kept 3 items this month. Not too bad! As always, I look forward to seeing what Connie sends me next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment