Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Puffy Paint Socks: Pinterest Style

If you are one of the few people out there who has not checked out Pinterest, I'm not sure this will be the project to peak your interest. However, if you have kids who are always falling from slippery socks, then you might find this a great idea. I know I did the first time I tried it.

First, buy yourself some Puffy Paint. 
Second, apply to the bottom of socks.
Third, spread all around your kitchen or dining room table to dry:) It will take 1-2 days depending on how thick you apply the paint.

Here are some pictures of our efforts tonight. I let the girls help on a few. My 2- year old sat in her high chair screaming out colors for most of the project.



My daughter wanted crowns on her Rapunzel socks.


Hearts on the heart socks



My 2- year old wanted circles. I turned them into smiley faces to give them a bit of pizazz.

This project was super easy and both girls enjoyed helping. The paint lasts through multiple washes, though it may crack a bit with time. The biggest hassle is waiting for them to dry. Oh, and make sure to wear something you don't mind getting paint on...in case you or your child accidentally gets it on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment