Friday, May 15, 2015

May 2015 Stitch Fix Review

It has been a while since I've written a Stitch Fix review, though I've continued to get fixes every month. I continue to love the service. My regular stylist Connie was out on maternity leave, but I'm happy to say she's back! Fiona did a great job in her absence, but I missed Connie! This month when I got my Stitch Fix e-mail and took my sneak peak, I knew immediately that she was back. 

I'm reviewing a bit differently than I usually do...mainly because it's late and I didn't feel like taking pictures of the cards individually. Hopefully, you can see the pictures well enough.

Let's start with the style cards:




Sweet Rain Casanova Henley Blouse

    

Connie suggested that I pair it with a black pencil skirt. I liked it! However, when I took this picture, I had just come home from work (spoiler, I kept it!).  The skirt looks wrinkled and what the heck is that white fluff on my skirt?? I decided to change and take another picture (after nagging my poor husband who was my photographer). 


I paired it this time with my Margaret M pull-on jeans. I left it untucked, but left the sleeves rolled up (though they are a bit sloppy). I like it with jeans, too. I think next time I'll try it with red pants or maybe even a red pencil skirt.

Market & Spruce Lawford Knit Top


Connie knows that I love stripes. This shirt is a very soft knit, but a bit see through, so I paired it with a black tank underneath. I'm a bit ambivalent about the leather detailing at the top, but my hubby really likes it. I llike that it's soft and despite being knit, doesn't stick to all of the areas I don't want to show lol. So, in case you haven't already guessed, I'm keeping it.

41Hawthorn Angela Quilted Detailed Blouse


This was a good choice given that I have other blouses in this style that I like. I also love the color of it. However, the fit on this blouse is a bit off-it's too big! It makes me look wide and my hubby did not like how it hangs on me, so to speak. I'm sad to be sending it back, especially given the detailing on the back.


Isn't the quilting pretty? Of course, now that I'm seeing this picture, I wonder, what the heck is on the back of my pants?


It simply has too much fabric. I don't want to look pregnant when I'm not!

Market & Spruce Juli Lasercut Detail Blouse


I absolutely love polka dots. I am also quite fond of blue. Unfortunately, this shirt is a bit big on me. It has some really cute cutouts on the bottom of it.


See the diamonds on bottom? And, yes, the polka dots are pink! So sad it's going back. It's just a bit too big.


It's too big in the front and under my arms. Sigh.

Collective Concepts Gabriel Tie Waist Dress


This is the piece I was least excited about when I took my online sneak peak. I didn't love the pattern on it and it looked too short for work. When I tried it on, it just felt "meh" to me. It's okay, but special. And, it's definitely too short for work. My hubby also didn't like the placement of the waist on me. So, back it's going.

If you are keeping count, you will notice I only kept 2 pieces. I still consider it a successfull fix because I think 4 out of the 5 pieces were ones I might have kept, had they fit right. I am also very excited that my regular stylist is back and I can't wait to see what she sends me next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment