Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 2014 Stitch Fix Review: I finally got the magic 5!!

If you've been following my blog, you know that I've been getting Stitch Fix boxes for several months. It's a personal styling service that I love! I've been waiting to get the "magic" box where I keep all five items. I finally got it! I actually got it a couple weeks back, but haven't had time to get the hubby to snap a few pictures.

See my previous reviews here.

41 Hawthorn Filbert 3/4 Sleeve 
Popover Blouse $58

Since I've kept similar shirts by 41Hawthorn in the past, I figured this would be a keeper.


I was right. It's simple, but can go with many items in my closet. I paired it with a pair of Ecru Springfield Pull-On pants that I found on-sale online:) Boy, I love these pants! And, obviously, I like the shirt. I wore it a week ago or two with a striped skirt I got from last month's fix for which I did not blog because I only kept one item and did not have time to take pictures. 


41Hawthorn Boat Neck Striped Cotton Tee $48

I'm a sucker for stripes, and I had pinned this item. The material was very soft and comfortable.



I actually wore it last week with a brown belt around the middle to break it up. Hubby likes it better with the belt. He does not quite share my love of stripes as much:)


Tart Sioban Striped French Terry 
3/4 Sleeve Dress $88

I've received Tart items before, and they always seem to fit me well. When I did my sneak peak after I received my e-mail, I thought it was a different dress. So, when I pulled it out, even though I had pinned this dress, too, I wasn't sure I was going to like it.

I threw on a pair of boots that I plan on wearing with this dress in the fall/winter. I will, of course, wear tights. The dress is a very soft, comfortable material. I think adding the belt helps break up the lines, though my obsessive-compulsive side is annoyed that the buckle is slightly off in this picture. Oh, well. The only criticism I have of the Tart dresses is that I wish they were a couple of inches longer. I also confess that I feel mixed feelings about liking clothing from a brand that is named Tart.


Three Dots Nevin 3/4 Sleeve 
Leopard Print Sweatshirt $74

Another item I had recently pinned, though I have to confess I wasn't sure if it was going to look okay on me. My hubby was not sure, either. It has an interesting pattern/color combination. It is also soft and breathable.



I like the 3/4 sleeves of the sweatshirt and it's very comfortable. In this picture, I'm pairing it with the last item from my fix, another great pair of pull-on pants. I'm kind of obsessed with them at the moment. 

The sweatshirt is a bit pricey, but I never look at prices until I've tried on items. Plus, I can wear it to work with slacks, like above, or with jeans at home. So, that sort of justified it in my mind.


Liverpool Rizzo Pull-On Skinny Ponte Pant $98

It's really hard to show the material of these pants in my pictures. My stylists have sent me several pairs of black pull-on pants. I like that these are fitted, but not too fitted, if you know what I mean. If they are too tight, I can't wear them to work. These pants are very comfortable and the material is quality. I had of course googled pictures before they arrived, but I knew it was going to be a matter of trying them on and seeing how they fit. I wore them to work yesterday with an item from a previous fix. I like that I'm able to mix and match items since my stylist (Thanks, Connie!) keeps track of what I have.

As you know, I kept them all and, of course, got the 25% discount. I think the only piece I haven't worn yet is the dress. I actually get my next shipment this week, so hopefully I will have time to blog about it sooner rather than later. I got some gift cards for my birthday and am anxious to spend them! 

I asked Connie for some different color items in the jewel tone family for my next fix. I've received a lot of blues, which is my favorite color, but since fall has arrived, I would like some dark reds, greens, purples, etc. This fix, she sent me a lot of items I pinned. Again, I'm glad she paid attention to my board. My hubby commented that this fix might be a little less exciting than other ones where I received items that I would not have picked out otherwise. I'm on the fence about that because I loved the items and they all fit me. So, was the fix less exciting because I pinned most of the items and they happened to be available? Not sure. I'm just glad I got the "magic box" and hope to see more in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment