Friday, July 18, 2014

Thredup- Is It Worth It?

I posted earlier about my closet clean out and trying Thredup for some of my items. There are tons of reviews online about this service. Some are very positive and some very negative. I decided to try it out a few weeks back. It's an online consignment option for those of us who do not have the time or the patience to sell stuff locally.

I sent in my first bag about two weeks ago and just received their email that my stuff had been processed. They kept most of my bag and I made about $52 minus the cost of a $12.99 return bag for the rest of my items. I figure that I can donate whatever is left locally. They are also keeping one item on consignment for a potential sale.

I couldn't decide whether to wait for a Paypal credit or use the cash there. However, I got an email offering me 40% off my first purchase, so I ended up using the money to buy some winter clothes for my oldest daughter. I bought 4 shirts and 4 pants with my credit. Not too shabby for about $40! Three of the items were brand new with tags:)

So, is it worth it??? For me, Thredup was worth it since I had enough other clothing for a tax deduction. If you don't, then it may not be worth it to you. I'm going to send in another bag of items this week. All in all, I think it's a decent option for very little effort on my part. The reviews on the items purchased from there are mostly very positive. Hopefully, the clothing I bought with my credit will be in good shape or I might have to write a follow-up post! My thrifty husband will probably be very proud of me since I buy most of my girls' clothing on Zulily

No comments:

Post a Comment