Monday, July 14, 2014

Road Trip

My husband is away in Spain for a week (poor him, right?) I'm home with my two kids...and my parents came in to town to help me out since taking care of two toddlers by yourself for more than a few days can be tasking. I don't know how single parents do it! After more than a couple of days by myself with the kids, I miss my husband dreadfully. Heck, who am I kidding??? I miss him sooner than that.

We decided to check out Gilroy Gardens since my friends with young kids say it's a lot of fun . Gilroy also has some outlet malls, which will be fun for me and mom:) I decided to leave a day early so we could get an early start the next morning at the park.

We start the drive and decide to stop at one of my favorite places, Casa De Fruta. Casa de Fruta is a total tourist trap and I love it. Besides fruit, they have ice cream, candy, fruit, and other goodies. They also have  a little train that you can ride on, and a carousel. I always like to buy candy there. They have lots of sour gummy candies and chocolates of all kinds. Yummy!!! It isn't cheap, but it's fun. My sister calls it Casa de Expensiva:)

We finally arrive at the hotel and, after a late dinner, we get in bed around 9 p.m. Now, if you have kids, you know that stays in hotel rooms are never fun. Kids are out of their usual space and they never seem to want to go to sleep. I had the foresight to book the family suite. It has 3 queen beds, one of which is in a second room with a half bath. I figured one girl would sleep with me, one with my mom, and my Dad would sleep in the 3rd bed.

This arrangement would have worked great, had my oldest not wanted to sleep with me, too. So, we all three decided to try and sleep in the same bed, with me in the middle, of course. Two hours and several bed changes later, I fell asleep. My mom informed me later that my 2-year old didn't go to sleep till around 11:30 pm. I fell asleep a little after 11, when I thought she fell asleep.

As you might have guessed, both girls were exhausted today. They actually did pretty good at the park today, to my surprise. Near the end of the day, my 2-year old started to exhibit signs of complete exhaustion and I knew she was going to crash soon. Sure enough, she fell asleep shortly after we left the park.

Here is a pic of her napping after we got back to the hotel room:



Pictures like this remind me of why I decided to have kids. Of course, it's now 9:24 p.m. and I'm now listening to both girls argue over who gets the Ariel doll. Sigh. Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment