Sunday, July 6, 2014

Repurposing Mismatched Toddler Socks

I'll start off by acknowledging that I don't sew. I'm sure that there are a ton of things that can be done with old, mismatched socks if I did sew. However, I realized last night while giving my girls a bath that their socks are the perfect size to hold a bar of soap. I had this "epiphany" after reaching in to the tub to get the bar of soap out of the tub water for what seemed like the millionth time after my daughters kept dropping it. I used to buy this Johnson and Johnson soap that has a mesh around the soap, but decided to switch them to Cetaphil since my oldest daughter's skin has gotten dry and she frequently refuses to put on lotion.

Tonight, I decided to try out my idea. My husband laughed at me when I went to get the Ziploc bag with the old mismatched socks out of my younger daughter's dresser, but even he admitted it worked pretty well.








The best part is that I can take it off to wash it. Does one need to wash an item that surrounds soap? I imagine that the part not touching the soap might get germy. At least I have lots of spares:) The girls thought it was funny using the soap in the sock, but neither one of them dropped it. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment