Saturday, August 2, 2014

Art Show

My husband comes from several generations of artists, on both sides of his family. Both his maternal grandparents were painters. His mom also paints. His father also likes to make pottery. My husband's art is his cooking, though he used to paint. I'm glad he enjoys cooking because I like baking, but cooking, not so much.

I'm pleased to say my oldest daughter seems to be developing an interest in art, though she is only 4. Her favorite hobbies are coloring and drawing. I'm not sure whether it's more than the average 4- year old, but I've been saving her art since she was an infant.


Because my mother-in-law still participates in art classes, she decided to enter some art from her mother, herself, and my oldest daughter. To give you an example of my mother-in-law's skills, check out this awesome castle she made for my princess loving daughter:




I think it's very pretty.


Here are the pictures my daughter is entering into the art show. My husband picked one of them and the other picture was given to my mother in law as a gift from my daughter for Mother's Day:



The top picture in the center is called "Princess Ice Ice." The one underneath is "Minnie Mouse." My mother in law painted the flower on the left. Her mother painted the seagull picture next to my daughter's pictures. I think it's pretty cool to see three generations of artists next to each other. We'll see whether my daughter wins a prize. She's pretty excited about participating in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment