Friday, August 8, 2014

ThredUp...Why I Am a Fan

I posted a while back about cleaning out my closet and sending in some stuff to Thredup. In case you aren't familiar with this site, it's an online consignment store that accepts women's and children's clothing. I recently sent in a second bag of my old clothing. Unfortunately, I didn't get as much for my second bag because they did not keep as many items. I do admit to being a bit confounded sometimes as to which items they keep. Regardless of that, I've now taken a liking to using Thredup to buy clothing for my kids

After my first "test" order of items I basically got for free with my credit from my first bag I sent in to them, I've purchased more items from them. I also had my husband buy some clothing since they give you 40% off your first order. The stuff I've gotten from them has been in fabulous shape. I can't believe most of it is used! Many of the items I've purchased have had tags on them and are brand new. Even the items they rate as having a small flaw are usually just fine. Most of the time, I don't even see the flaws they identify. I like that they take large pictures of the items so you can see the item closely. And they have a 30-day return policy.

Here are pictures of a brand new shirt I bought for my oldest daughter with the tag still attached:



If you look closely at the second picture, you will notice that this item retails for $88! I'm not paying that kind of cash for a 4 year-old's shirt. 

The downsides to ordering here are you can't always match colors exactly or find exact outfit matches. And, obviously items may not fit or be as perfect as you want them to be. I'm pretty picky, though, and I've been pleasantly surprised with every piece I've purchased. I usually buy most of the girl's clothing online from Zulily, Old Navy, Amazon, etc. I might be taking a break from them for a while except for shoes. 

If you want to try it, here's a link giving both you and me $10 to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment