Monday, August 11, 2014

Goose Egg from Hell and Why Being a Parent is Scary

Since I work full-time, both girls are in daycare. I like the place they go to and genuinely believe the teachers love and care for my girls. I like the teachers, too. Today was one of those days when I arrived to one of them crying. I walked into her classroom and my youngest daughter was curled up on the teacher's lap crying for Mommy. I walked over to pick her up and then saw this:


My first question is "What happened?" The teacher says she doesn't know. She turned around for a minute and my daughter was crying. Sigh. It's one of those accidents. The ones that can happen anywhere, any place, to any of us. My daughter calmed fairly easily once I picked her up and thus far, has been acting fairly normal tonight. Thank goodness!

When I first saw the bump, I really thought it looked like a blood vessel was going to burst and it scared the heck out of me. As soon as my daughter stopped crying, I started to realize that it probably looks much worse than it is and reminded myself that kids fall every day. I confess that on the drive home, I kept talking to her and assuring myself she was okay. She's sitting on the couch now eating an orange and watching Scooby Doo with no other signs that she fell other than the goose egg from hell.  Sigh. Being a parent is sometimes the scariest adventure a person can take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment