Friday, July 31, 2015

Cleaning for the Cleaning People

Today is our postponed cleaning day after being out of town for a week. It's time to clean up before the cleaning people come to the house. It's a wonderful feeling walking into a clean home after work.

I've had several people ask why I have to "clean" before they come. "Isn't cleaning what you pay them to do?" Clearly, these people have never had children and do not understand the sheer amount of mess children can make in a short amount of time! I give you:

Exhibit A: Great Room Playing Area








We don't have a playroom in our house, so the space near our TV watching area is where most of their toys are stored. I usually try to have them clean up their toys every evening before bath time, but if we skip even one or two days, the area quickly turns into a disaster. 

This morning's picking up of their toys was complicated by my cat leaving me a "treat" nearby. Ugh. And, yes, I know my daughters have a lot of toys. I don't really allow them to play on my iPad or phone, so I suppose we've compensated with toys...though not on purpose! Believe it or not, twice a year I donate toys to our daycare or our local women's shelter. Looking at these pictures is making me think a clean out is in order soon...

So, if you've ever wondered why people have to "clean" before the cleaning people, now you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment