Monday, August 3, 2015

Mommy, I feel "nervousited."

"Nervousited," I ask? 

"Yes, "my 5-year old says. "That means I feel nervous and excited about starting Kindergarten. "

Boy does that describe how I feel about her starting Kindergarten!  I explain to my daughter that both of those feelings are very normal and that most of the other children are probably feeling that way,  too. 

She doesn't start Kindergarten for two weeks, but today is her first day at the new daycare she will attend after school.  Because she's attending a charter school,  they don't have after school care available.  So,  she will be moving to a daycare closer to her school that can pick her up afterwards.  At 9:15, I phone my husband to see how the drop-off went. Good,  he says.  At 10:00, I phone the daycare to check on her.  All is well, of course.

My Mama Bear instincts are in overdrive right now as I worry about the older kids at the new daycare and my barely on the chart petite daughter.  I try to remember that there are teachers there to supervise and different isn't always bad.  It's just different.  My doesn't worry about anything husband reminds me that everything will be just fine. Of course,  I also remind myself, we can remove her and find a better option if things don't work out.  Phwww! When did becoming a parent become so hard?   

No comments:

Post a Comment