Monday, July 27, 2015

Love my van, but hate...

THE GAS MILEAGE!! Okay, so don't get my wrong. I'm not about to give up my van. I've had it two years now, and am still loving the space, sliding doors, auto rear door, etc. What I'm not loving is how much I have to spend on gas every two weeks! 

My van averages about 17 miles to the gallon in the summer when I'm running the AC at its max what feels like constantly. And, while living in California may have its perks, the high cost of living is not one of them. 

I'm especially feeling the pain in my wallet after going car shopping with my husband since his old car was totaled. We got a great deal on a hybrid that averages 39-41 MPG in the city! My van's mileage is looking pretty pathetic right now. 

Of course, that begs the question as to why anyone has not created a minivan hybrid??? Obviously, people who drive vans want them for both comfortable everyday city driving and extra space for long trips. While my hubby's car will be great in the city, my van is definitely going to continue to be our go to vehicle on long trips.

So, if you are out there and reading my blog auto-makers, please make a hybrid minivan! I'll be first to trade in my lovely when they come out😀. 

No comments:

Post a Comment