Sunday, May 31, 2015

School Supply Shopping...oh, how I love thee!

Does anyone else love school supply shopping? As I've noted, my oldest daughter starts Kindergarten this fall. We meet in early June to do her pre-assessment with her school and we then get her school supply list! While part of me is dreading the cost since I've heard horror stories, the other part is looking forward to it!

I remember getting my school supply list every year. We would set out to get them and the excitement would start. Would I get a trapper keeper this year? What kind of pencils would I buy? Oh, my, erasable pens!!! And let's not forget the look of a new spiral notebook with clean sheets and wonderful smelling, crisp paper!

I asked my husband if he remembered and enjoyed school supply shopping. He looked at me blankly and said, "I guess not since I don't really remember it." I told my daughter that I was excited to go shopping and she told me, "I will probably like it since you did, Mom!" Perhaps I'm part of a special, nerdy breed that loves the newness of supplies before they are corrupted by school work. If so, I hope my daughter learns to love it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment