Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Wrapping using Brown Paper Sacks

It's that time of year again...and as we are traveling out of town, I need to get my wrapping done early so that the packages will arrive in time for Christmas.

Here's the mess I start with...

I don't have a great area to wrap in my great room, so I just decide to camp out on the rug in front of the couch. You can see I have my work cut out for me-ha ha!



I decided to sort of "color code" gifts this year by child. My oldest daughter's favorite color is blue, so I wrapped her gifts with blue accents. Here are a few of my favorites:

Blue Accents


I love using tulle to make bows. It allows for "springing back" after getting smooshed in the mail.
I also added star stickers on it purchased from my favorite online store, Amazon.

I used Washi tape on this package. Oh, and all the writing is done with chalk pens. 

Here's another one done with a different washi tape.
 Quick and easy.

I used self-adhesive jewels on this gift. Rubber cement 
helps if the adhesive doesn't work well.

I added stamps to this one. I used the white chalk pen on the stamp.


Pink Accents

I used a lace washi tape on this one and a bow. I also used 
some self-adhesive jewels to give it a little bit more "punch." I added rubber cement to the bow in several places to help it stay 
on the paper.

Simple round stickers decorate this pretty package. If you make the tulle extra long, you can tie more bows, if that makes sense.

More tulle and self-adhesive stars. 

I love this Washi tape and pink chalk tape with a hot pink bow.

I used some old foam stickers that I had from making Valentines for the kids' classes on this package to sort of make a snowflake. 


Other Decorations:

Here's a variety I put together with different craft paper, etc that I had at home. I love making Christmas trees from Washi tape.

Here's a variety of different of different leftover crafts I have at home again. As you can see, tulle, washi tape, foam stickers, and stamps are staples.


Don't forget to invest in a good brown paper craft tape like this one. It works much better than scotch tape. I use a very small spray bottle to wet the adhesive on the back of the tape-like the spray travel bottles. Using a big spray bottle leaves the tape too wet and it takes too long to dry.

Hope you have gotten some good ideas about wrapping with brown paper sacks! It's fun and allows for a little creativity. Plus, if you are like me, you have a bunch sitting around waiting to be recycled or used in some other way. It will save you a trip to the store during the busy season!


No comments:

Post a Comment